We are looking for an ambitious HR business partner to oversee all human resources operations and ensure they’re aligned with our business goals, finding and retaining great colleagues, and ensuring they have an attractive and satisfying work environment.
The ideal candidate will have solid experience with the sourcing and recruitment of engineers, and exposure to other HR activities (employee relations, performance management, compensation and benefits, etc.). You will communicate with senior managers to express new ideas and suggest solutions, considering budget limitations and our company culture.
You should be able to advise the team on human resources management and organizational changes, working across the whole company to help people grow as professionals while they aggressively pursue our strategic objectives.
We are a hybrid organization trying to capture the best of both our shareholders: a large Japanese corporation and a nimble American startup. Your role will often be exposed to both sides, and to ensure we can continue to pursue its own objectives.
HR Business Partner responsibilities are:
- Oversee and execute all HR activities
- Recruiting: help the organization identify needs, write job descriptions, advise hiring managers, optimize and administer the recruitment process, and ultimately ensure positions are filled in a timely fashion with great candidates
- Employee lifecycle: oversee the relocation of candidates recruited overseas, onboard new colleagues, oversee attendance, lead performance management activities, oversee payroll, conduct regular compensation & benefits reviews, organize training and help staff develop their career, conduct exit interviews
- Company culture and compliance: look after the work environment and contribute to the company culture, serve as trusted reference point within the company, keep staff informed about HR regulations/policies, maintain records, ensure the company complies with applicable labor and workplace laws and regulations
- Participate in the company's management by developing and executing HR activities to achieve the company's strategic objectives, and assist in maintaining a productive and trusting relationships
- Good level of English, near-native level of Japanese, strong writing skills in both languages, command of Chinese a big plus
- Experience as a recruiter, preferably in consumer tech, startups, or gaming
- Excellent management and organizational skill, great problem-solving skills, effective communication skills
- BA/BSc degree in Business, Human Resources or a related field