• Proven work experience in learning & development; luxury retail preferred
• Successful track record deploying global programs at a regional level
• Knowledge of adult learning theory
• Excellent relationship skills
• 3 years of proven experience facilitating instructor-led learning programs
• Ability to effectively multi-task
• Strong communication skills
• Exceptional presentation and facilitation skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to prepare and deliver clear messages, concepts, and skills
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office: Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.
• Outstanding organizational and time management skills
• Ability to support global and local change initiatives
• Availability to collaborate with international partners as early or as late as is necessary to account for international time differences
• Fluent in English
• Ability to translate program materials for regional audiences
Needs Assessment & Collaboration
• Consult with regional leaders and HR to identify skill needs and ensure alignment of content and programs.
• Build successful relationships and delivers results on key strategic initiatives.
• Ensure alignment with corporate strategies in all Retail and Training initiatives.
• Conduct needs and skills assessments to determine regional training needs and works with the Japan Learning & Development Manager and the Global Learning & Development team to identify individual and classroom training solutions in accordance with business priorities.
• Participate in the ideation, creation and execution of learning programs and share best practices.
• Partner closely with key business functions, including: retail sales, operations, public relations, merchandising, etc.
• Collaborate with the Japan Learning & Development Manager, Global Learning & Development, regional leaders and HR to effectively manage the continual updates, revisions and customizations of existing programs and materials to reflect changes in the regional market.
• Partner with the Japan Learning & Development Manager and HR to execute measurement strategies and report learning effectiveness, on the job application, behavior change and business impact.