Job descriptionLead company’s procurement function in order to support the internal customers to achieve their business targets while increasing contributions generated by procurement activities.
- Establish and implement a procurement strategy aimed at creating sustainable cost reduction/ containment programs which will enable internal customers to meet their business objectives and provide a competitive advantage to the company
- Ensure that category management approach is systematically used as the guiding principle for all procurement activities in order to obtain at all times the best value for goods and services.
- Improve procurement processes and systems within company to reduce administrative overheads related to the Purchase of Pay process at all levels within the organization
- Ensure that risk containment measures are put in place in order to minimize risk related to procurement activities (lead time, quality, supplier bankruptcy, etc)
- Improve best practices sharing with other stakeholders in order to maximize use of existing tools, systems and agreements
- Ensure that the applicable principles and practices are adhered to in order to protect the Company against fraudulent behavior in the procurement process and to promote impartial and transparent relationships with suppliers
- Build and develop an expert procurement team that will be able to translate business requirements into sourcing strategies and be able to best serve internal customers
- Bachelor’s degree
- More than several years of experience in multinational company preferably consumer goods, related to procurement activities
- Fully bilingual in English and native level Japanese/Experience managing people
- Exceptional at prioritizing, process management, understanding the business and driving for results