We are searching for a Business Development professional who can implement learning solutions for automotive customers.
Our client is an American leader in education. They started business in Japan in 2001 and have over 50 employees. This position reports to the Managing Director and requires close contact with clients, regional managers, and global l to coordinate business activities and solution development and implementation.
In this role, you will support learning design, development, and implementing of digital learning tools. Responsibilities include:
- Helping to develop products & services
- Work with existing or new customers
- Responsible for all stages of business development activity including:
- Identifying new potential customers
- Identifying business opportunities with new and existing customers
- Customer proposal development, presentation and pricing
- Final negotiation and closing of new business
- Initial digital learning project start-up and handover to operations
- Ongoing customer relationship and some key account management
- Drive development and adoption of best practices to all markets and projects
- Drive development and adoption of standard operating practices for Project Management, Course Development and Products & Services
The ideal candidate should come from one of two backgrounds:
- Experienced Business Development Executive, Account Executive or Project Manager for an agency that serves the Marketing, Sales & Service function of Automobile Manufacturers / Distributors. Experienced Manager from the Marketing, Sales, Customer Service or Dealer Development functions in an Automobile Manufacturer / Distributor. This position would suit someone who is ready to step away from the bureaucracy of a larger organisation and operate in a faster, more entrepreneurial environment.
Candidates should ideally be well versed in the automotive industry, with an in-depth understanding of dealerships. Their dealership exposure can come through either direct working experience, field experience within a Manufacturer, or consulting assignments.
Other requirements include:
- Proven track record of winning new business
- Excellent proposal writing ability, proven with examples of work, in both native language and English
- Interpersonal skills and presence to communicate and influence at senior levels in client organisations
- High levels of numeracy and accuracy
- Ability to draw out and analyse client needs, and creatively develop and sell solutions
- A self-starter with high motivation levels
- Willingness to travel frequently within Japan
- Adaptable and flexible in approach and leadership style
- High energy, passionate and inspirational
- The ability to be self-directed