A leading luxury cosmetics company is looking for an accounting manager. They have over 200 stores across 20+ countries.
Month end close process:
- Ensure that accounting transactions process and account reconciliations completed within set timeframes each month including: key sales-to-cash reconciliations, managing the inter-company recharge processing & associated eliminations, processing of payroll transactions, manual journal adjustments, along with other treasury and other accounting activities for multiple countries across Asia;
- Maintain Accrued Expenses sub-ledgers based on discussions with local finance business partners and country managers, and applying an understanding of budget v actual expense phasing;
- Conduct Manager review of monthly / quarterly / annual financial reporting packages;
- As part of monthly Manager review, review key expense line items to ensure all invoices have been appropriately capitalized or expensed;
- Review clearing accounts, accrued expenses and key provisions each month to ensure they are fully supported by supporting documentation or cleared out as appropriate;
- Prepare monthly KPI metrics and other analyses that allow for continuous monitoring of inter-company loan/trade reconciliation differences, receivables & payables aging, free cash flow and volume of manual journal entries.
Financial Coordinate and Reporting:
- Prepare and review monthly management reporting in accordance with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) within set timeframes.
Audit, Tax and statutory compliance requirements:
- Manage preparation, lodgement of returns and cash settlements of all sales tax / VAT returns, in conjunction with local advisers;
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in one or more of the following degrees: Business, Accounting, Finance Commerce or similar.
- Professional qualifications: Chartered Accountant/CPA or equivalent recognized professional qualification.
- Relevant finance & accounting experience with a background in the retail industry would be a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to proactively identify and escalate issues and process improvements.
- Retail Experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills – both Japanese and English.
WORK LIFE BALANCE
- Hybrid work system.