A top shipping company is seeking a Sales Manager! The role involves increasing business from both existing & new clients in Japan through the effective promotion and selling of company services, specifically focusing on our key account and EPC opportunities. The role will work in close liaison with functional managers, operations, and local management to build or expand relationships with strategically important customers. A key facet of the role will be in identifying business opportunities on a client-by-client basis and adapting our approach to best service their needs.
- Work in a team environment with local management support to grow the target sector specifically Break Bulk & Project Cargoes plus develop operational goals and targets required to achieve successful results.
- Determine the needs and key points of our key customer’s business – develop solutions and a range of services that will assist the clients’ requirements.
- Develop a sales strategy for the market that ensures a growth of revenue targets – this will include establishing commercial plans to expand their business segment over a 1–3-year period.
- Develop and maintain professional relationships with all our key accounts and be systematic in planning face-to-face meetings with our clients.
- Work closely with operations and accounting team to ensure that our services are delivered as promised and our performance meets the customers’ expectations.
- Coordinate RFI RFQ RFP responses on behalf of the Company.
- Liaise closely with the General Manager to ensure that annual or more frequent commercial review meetings are held with clients as appropriate.
- Promote and cross sell all company services to target clients with an emphasis on meeting a wide range of clients on a regular basis through business meetings, conferences, corporate events etc.
- University or equivalent Professional Certificate in the Sales Field, specifically B/B & Project Cargoes (e.g. use of sales programs like Salesforce).
- Frontline sales experience in handling Break Bulk and Project Cargoes with a good understanding of the high heavy market.
- Experienced in working on engineering & construction projects. (A bonus to have but not necessary)
- Contracting & presentation skills with proven experience in closing deals.
- Excellent communication and verbal skills - good listening and communication ability using Japanese and English.
- Positive minded, energetic, active and sociable – able to travel & entertain.