A world renowned Consumer Goods company with no need for grand introduction is looking for an an exceptional Accounting Manager to join its ranks. The beauty of this role is that its open to a diverse range of candidates, with few of the restrictions that so often prevent wide participation in the career market. If you feel you have the skills and character, we encourage you to apply.
- Lead / contribute to projects around accounting operations such as recording, payments, and procurements.
- Be a member of GWC (Global Working Community, which is a world-wide internal community) and a representative of Japan Region for the projects around accounting related topics (for example, ERP harmonization / enhancement projects, Source-to-Pay project, Expense Claim system project, and etc.)
Further, she or he is expected to assist the Section Manager, General Accountings in the following accountabilities.
- Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures
- Oversee the operations of the accounting function
- Ensure that accounts payable are recorded and paid in a timely manner
- Manage the periodic closing process (i.e., monthly, quarterly, and annual closing), including developing and recording accounting estimate
- Maintain the chart of accounts
- Maintain an orderly accounting filing system
- Maintain a series of controls over accounting transactions
- Prepare and submit financial information required by the global team
- Issue financial statements in a timely manner
- Recommend benchmarks against which to measure the performance of company operations
- Provide financial analyses as needed
- Handle and complete external audits over financial reporting without material issues
- Handle internal audits over financial reporting and accounting operations
- Handle tax investigation and conclude it without material issues
- Comply with statutory reporting requirements and tax filings
- Design, implement, and maintain adequate level of internal controls mainly over financial reporting
- A Bachelor's degree or equivalent business experience.
- 8+ years of progressively responsible experience in accounting, taxation, and/or auditing
- Knowledge of accounting (such as the Official Business Skill Test in Bookkeeping 2nd Grade)
- designation is desirable
- Experiences of leading a project in a global / cross-functional environment is a plus
Experiences and Skills
- High level of communication skills in both Japanese and English
- Problem solving skills
- Proficiency in MS Excel