The Air Freight Supervisor supports and coordinates air freight trade services, products, and operations. He/She is responsible for working with carriers, Air Freight Systems, and driving operational process improvement. This position supervises specialists within the department.
Freight Forwarding Operations Knowledge
- Demonstrates a detailed understanding of processes, procedures, and technology for intermodal transportation; identifies root causes of recurring issues within freight forwarding operations; descries the general structure of freight forwarding operation.
Assists and Participates in Costing and Pricing
- Assists in maintaining and updating the cost/sell system to ensure proper tracking of data occurs.
- Establishes pricing for clients to obtain planned net revenue and net operation income.
- Produces air freight selling tariffs to identify customer costs.
Participates in Air Freight Processes and Procedures development
- Standardizes and maintains processes to improve operations.
- Drives process improvement with stations and gateways to derive down unit costs and improve profitability.
- Establishes and monitors Key performance indicators for developing the necessary action plan to ensure regulatory compliance.
Executes Global Control Tower Activities
- Maintains network performance monitoring and makes recommendations to pursue service and cost improvement opportunities.
- Creates communications plans to convey customer-specific requirements to appropriate stakeholders.
- Supports project initiatives such as new product launches and new secured business opportunities to ensure successful execution.
Supervises and Develop Others
- Determine employee training needs to produce continuous development plans.
- Provides on-going feedback and support to improve performance.
- Possess a Diploma in any discipline.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in similar capacity coming from the Logistics & Supply Chain industry.
- Demonstrated leadership ability with a minimum of 2 years of successful people management experience.
- Prior experience in international air freight export operations (airline knowledge) with a familiar understanding of legal, regulatory, and compliance updates is required.
- Possess excellent communication and negotiation skills with the ability to communicate effectively in both Japanese and English to interact with internal and external stakeholders.
- An excellent interpersonal skill which includes conducting a presentation to the top management.
- Require demonstrated skills in Microsoft Office Programs (MS Excel, MS Powerpoint, MS Access).