An iconic American brand is expanding its APAC leadership team with a new Finance Director position based in Tokyo. This role will report to the APAC CFO, and it will be deeply involved in developing new business areas for the company in the APAC region, including opening the brand's first flagship stores in Japan, building up the company's presence in China, and expanding regional ecommerce operations. Japan is the brand's APAC HQ.
This brand has a long and distinguished history, and it has made unique and lasting contributions to popular culture around the world. The business has been doing extremely well during the pandemic, and its sales last year beat all company records. Traditionally, this business operated mainly on a B2B basis by partnering with distributors to sell its products, but in the past few years it has focused on developing its direct sales through ecommerce. The new flagship stores in Japan will mark an exciting new era in its global business.
The APAC region has around 100 employees in total, and currently accounts for around 20% of global sales. It is a key growth market for the company, and the Japan business is trusted by the American HQ to push ahead with its own local and regional initiatives. This company likes to meet people with an entrepreneurial spirit who can bring in fresh ideas.
- Gather and interpret financial data for corporate decision making
- Lead financial analysis to understand results and plan improvements for the future
- Ownership of all statutory accounting procedures
- Introduce new systems and process to streamline the accounting function
- Lead the monthly closing process
- Native-level Japanese, business-level English
- Experience handling statutory and fiscal reporting, and corporation tax
- Budgeting and forecasting experience
- People management experience
- Strong analytical ability
Nice to have:
- Experience in a Big 4 Accounting/Audit firm
- CPA or equivalent qualification