- Ensure coordination of ‘Site HSSE focal points’ work and their application of HSSE, IM and BCM standards including maintaining an overview of all sites within Area geography and list of corresponding ‘Site HSSE focal points’ assigned to those sites.
- Empower and enable Operational team members with day-to-day responsibility to implement HSSE, IM and BCM related activities (management/implementation/assessment/training) whilst understanding and managing the implications of change to risks in the Area.
- Assure critical controls are identified and a control effectiveness and maintenance plan is developed and implemented
- Defining the HSSE, IM and BCM requirements of contractors and vendors and assuring provision in contracts, and conformance of contractors at their place of work in line with directions from centre HSE, Security, crisis and BCM functions.
- Provide technical expertise, strategic leadership, and support across the functionalities.
- Advise the business in a timely manner on all HSSE, IM & BCM legislative and best practice developments.
- Conducts risk assessments and ensure corrective and preventive measures are undertaken as well as controls and
- barriers are put in place.
- Investigates, analyses and reviews all HSSE incidents high potential Near Misses and unsafe
- practices within the area. Report all incidents to the centre according to the define framework.
- Conduct HSSE and BCM audits of own as well as partner facilities as per global programs.
- HSSE, IM & BCM Leadership
- HSSE, IM & BCM Framework/Programs
- Design & facilitate the HSSE, IM and BCM Area training modules in coordination with respective centre functions.
- Provide HSSE, IM and BCM support to area commercial
We are looking for :
- BS or MS in health, safety, environmental or relevant scientific or engineering field.
- Having sound knowledge of local HSSE legislation applicable to the logistics industry.
- Minimum 10 years total industry experience and more than 5 years of experience as an HSE professional.
- Possess a detailed understanding of international and HSE legal requirements (i.e. Regulations, Codes, Standards, Directives and Policies) and provide regulatory knowledge, technical expertise, HSE engineering knowledge, best practices and HSE management systems.
- Good experience in HSE for complete project life cycle, manufacturing and delivering safety and environmental training.
- HSE professional membership, registration and/or certification from an accredited organization in one or more of the following areas: safety engineering or management, occupational health or industrial hygiene, hazardous material management, or environmental engineering or management
- Membership, registration and/or certification for OHSAS 18001, ISO 14001, ISO 45001 or similar accredited HSE management systems.
- Must be lead/internal auditor qualified in HSE, preferably in ISO 45001 or ISO 14001 standards.
- Must be independent, self-motivated leader with a passion for HSE work. Must be assertive with a pragmatic approach in supporting the business and collaborate with other functions in Local Division and other business divisions.