Our client is a leading pharmaceutical company searching for an Associate Director for Indirect Procurement.
The Associate Director for Indirect Procurement will be responsible for developing and implementing sourcing strategies to improve business performance, build a high performance engagement model with stakeholders, and improve sourcing management, supplier value and risk management processes.
- Provide key leadership to develop and then implement sourcing strategy and ensure alignment, compliance and delivery of required business performance.
- Understand local industry and procurement categories to support global team strategies.
- Adopt sustainable, high quality change practices with stakeholders and customers through regional projects.
- Foster talent education, resource management and organizational performance management.
- At least 7 years experience in procurement.
- Bachelor's degree in science, chemistry or pharma preferred.
- Fluent in English and Japanese, both spoken and written.
- Experience of working with supply chain management and procurement in a global context.
- Extensive knowledge of standards, processes and operations.
- Comprehensive problem solving, leadership and relationship building skills.
- Logical, results oriented, multi-tasking capability and strong drive to improve.