Our client is a leading pharmaceutical company searching for an Associate Director for R&D Procurement.
The Associate Director for R&D Procurement will be responsible for developing and implementing sourcing strategies to improve business performance, build a high performance engagement model with stakeholders, and improve sourcing management, supplier value and risk management processes.
- Provide key leadership to develop and then implement sourcing strategy and ensure alignment, compliance and delivery of required business performance.
- Build outstanding relationships with suppliers and procurement stakeholders outside of Japan.
- Adopt sustainable, high quality change practices with stakeholders and customers.
- Foster innovation, increased supplier performance and process improvement with suppliers through supplier value management.
- Create a working environment that is both challenging and enjoyable.
- At least 7 years experience in procurement.
- Bachelor's degree in science, chemistry or pharma preferred.
- Fluent in English and Japanese, both spoken and written.
- Experience of working with supply chain management and procurement in a global context.
- Extensive knowledge of standards, processes and operations.
- Comprehensive problem solving, leadership and relationship building skills.
- Logical, results oriented, multi-tasking capability and strong drive to improve.