Associate Director, FPA
Associate Director (AD)/Business Partner is a member of Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) team in Human Health (HH) Finance of Japan. The AD is to be Finance representative to partners in HH commercial teams to broadly support to & collaborate with them for budgeting, forecasting, analysis or investment. The AD also collaborates with Reporting team in FP&A, inputting insights from the stakeholders for accurate forecasting and analysis.
Primary Activities / Responsibilities
- Establish close relationship between business partners including their commercial leaders, through daily communication and supports.
- Closely work with Reporting team to exchange insights to provide accurate forecast and commentary.
- Support P3 in Business Partnership Team with leadership as AD
- Being representative of Finance as a partner to commercial teams. Stakeholders in commercial team include Executive officer and Ex. Directors. Discuss forecast assumptions and report monthly performance exchanging insights.
- Support budgeting and reforecasting of Sales, Promotion and Daily Expenses for business partners (Budget: once a year. Reforecast: 2-3 times every year). Prepare templates with Reporting team, coordinate commercial leaders’ reviews, verify partners’ inputs, support their presentation to commercial leaders.
- Analyze monthly variance between budget/reforecast of Sales, Promotion and Daily Expenses, and input to Reporting team for analysis report.
- Being familiar with financial tools such as SAP and other internally developed systems to investigate variances and verify forecast accuracy.
- Have business acumen through daily communication with partners. Join monthly catch up with commercial leaders, present monthly / quarterly financial performance, and obtain their insights.
- Support business partners’ decisions providing accurate analysis, due-diligence, and insights, including due-diligence of Business Development deals.
- Find risk and opportunities for Sales outlook and cost/investment management.
- Current Employees apply HERE
Secondary Language(s) Job Description:
- Basic understanding on Accounting skill / background (Japanese bookkeeping certification grade 2-3 level, or equivalent)
- Working experience in Finance / Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) for 5 years or longer
- Intermediate or Advanced skills for financial data management – experience of SAP or other major ERP, Excel.
- Intermediate presentation skills (inc PPT).
- English / Japanese communication in verbal/presentation/writing (Business fluency)
- Communication skills with business including Executives to discuss their forecast assumptions and to support finance due-diligence.
- Strong analytical skills of financials /business plans, assumptions, act vs plans
- Quick catching up and natural curiosity to understand commercial scheme/practices of our Company / Pharmaceutical industry in Japan.
- Be flexible and comfortable working with quick turnaround times and deadlines
- Ability to challenge, to think out of the box to propose and implement effective business solutions.
- Effective at working with cross-functional project teams with an emphasis on collective achievements.
- Be energetic, forward-looking, influential with strong curiosity on diverse topics
<Preferred skills/ Qualification>
- Working experience in Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) in pharmaceutical industries
- Intermediate skills of business intelligence tool such as Power BI
- Project management skill