This IT security company provides solutions that combine machine learning and AI to analyze threats, connecting huge volumes of data to reveal cyber-attacks and shut them down, as well as block intrusion of known and unknown threats.
This American company entered the Japan market in 2016, now holding #1 market share.
As an assurance accountant you will own controllership and governance of all aspects of financial reporting and financial operations through compliance with SOX. This is a role for those having experience with a US public company or familiarity with US securities laws and public company requirements.
Tokyo and Osaka offices are open, highly supportive and fun! This company provides flexible work-life management policies, plenty of food and drinks, paid-leave for supporting your family and health, 401k, fun monthly events, as well as career support.
What you will do
- Driving overall design of controls, narratives, mapping flow, and guidance for best practices needed for the company’s financial and business controls with consultants
- Preparing or improving certain policies and procedures to properly govern the company and make each department functions in the best possible way by partnering with the other applicable departments with consultants
- Maintaining documents subject to SOX and guidance, comprehensive work papers and audit trail, and drive annual and quarterly assurance process with consultants
- Work with external to develop processes and implement control
What we are looking for
- Minimum 3 years of both hands-on experience in accounting and audit experience
- JGAAP or US GAAP, and SOX
- Good working knowledge in governance, including risk assessment, control establishment, policy implementation, and flowchart documentation
- Business-level Japanese and English.
- Strong interpersonal skills to liaise with a wide cross-section of the company team and external auditors
- Independent, self-starter willing to think outside of the box
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines
- Strong analytical skills, problem-solving skills, and attention to details