We are looking for a customer-facing, self-driven sales who has a responsibility for the commercial development and delivery of the results to the company within a defined geographical scope and within a certain industry segment. The purpose of the role is to drive and support customers’ growth in international commerce through add-ing values by global contract logistics. The role is expected to build and leverage internal stakeholders with different functions and experts to facilitate the development of solutions as well as managing external customer relationships to build strategic partnerships.
• Accountable for delivery of the “Gross Profit” to meet and exceed pre-defined targets through assigned clients
• Accountable for securing new contracted customers for both ocean transportation and contract logistics, developing the specific trade lane’s effectiveness and visibility through co-ordinating with global counterparts, promoting the sale of either the focused sales campaigns or customized customer offerings to meet the desired strategy, through ongoing strong management of a robust sales pipeline.
• Participate and respond RFQs by coordinating necessary internal stakeholders as well as managing the relationship with clients
• Accountable for developing customer relationships with senior decision-makers and linking their organization with ours including senior executives.
• Responsible for ensuring the sales pipeline with optimizing sales CRM system.
We are looking for
• 3+ years in a customer-facing sales role within the logistics industry
• An expert understanding of logistics and forwarding products, solutions, pricing and terminology, Supply Chain development processes, in the local market and industry.
• Understands the competitive landscape, and can adjust approaches to customers as a result
• Proven track record of targeting, pursuing, and winning large opportunities, through both personal and collaborative selling efforts, in tendered environments through team wins
• Strong presence and ability to communicate / present / consult with ‘C’ level decision-makers
• Well-developed, confident communication, persuasiveness, influencing, presentation, and negotiating skills
• Self-motivated and performance-driven strategic thinking with both short- and long-term planning skills; strengths in time management with regards to managing multiple objectives and priorities
• Strong client retention and relationship-building skills from past and present experience in business development and sales exposure. Confident in offering consultative recommendations to clients that would results in long-term strategic value across business units
• Fluency in English and Japanese with the ability to deliver clear communication on different organizational levels in both written and oral communications to gain buy-in and excitement with both internal and external stakeholders.