With some of the best recognized and loved brands in the world, this is an exciting opportunity for a marketing person to build and expand their career.
- Responsible for developing and deploy long & short terms brand positioning, strategy and brand experience guidelines to increase brand awareness and win the market place
- Set Japan brand KPI overseeing the day to day management of the portfolio and related budget, developing the innovation pipeline and creating/executing annual operating/marketing plans that lay out a clear vision which will support our business ambition
- Lead all new product efforts and pipeline development, including product strategy, generating and testing new product concepts, overseeing the commercialization process, and creating market launch plans to guarantee success in the marketplace
- Plan and execute the Holistic marketing strategy/ plan for Japan ensuring collaboration with regional and global marketing colleagues, but fine-tuned to suit the Japan market needs
- Own In-store brand experience
- Responsible for formulating a channel expansion strategy to extend the brand's presence beyond its current footprint and customer base to drive growth and reach new customers/consumers
- Ensure brand messaging and positioning is consistent across all touch points and lead our marketing agencies to deliver holistic and break-through marketing plans and creative
- Provide direction and coordinate with other functions such as, sales, digital, finance, supply, R&D as necessary
- Manage, inspire and lead the core values
- Create and maintain a positive and harmonious environment for the marketing team through strong leadership and coaching support to ensure they perform to obtain their absolute best and achieve their targets.
- Minimum 7-10 years of brand management experience within the consumer goods industry, with a proven track record of increasing responsibility and achieving extraordinary results both individually and by leading teams.
- Experience in a diverse set of channels and consumers, including e-commerce.
- Proficient and effective at leading marketing agencies in strategy and creative development for fully-integrated marketing communications, driven by both paid and earned media.
- Significant new product development experience, from the introduction phase through commercialization supported by successful consumer adoption and market results.
- Capable of successfully penetrating new customers and channels to drive growth by utilizing insights and unique product features.
- The ability to effectively communicate with and motivate the Sales team by developing and delivering clear direction as it relates to product line and channel strategies, and portfolio, pricing, and promotional optimization.
- In depth understanding of retailers and wholesale network, with clear evidence of the ability to call on customers and manage wholesales to achieve distribution and merchandising goals.
- Strong presentation & Communication skills (Include fluency in English & Japanese), including the ability to develop and communicate compelling selling stories and strategic plans, both to customers and business partners. Ability to present to and gain consensus from senior management concerning direction, milestones and project investments.
- Strong familiarity with the entire P&L, with the ability to assess and perform financial analysis related to pricing, volume, margins, and spending.
- Proven marketer that thrives working with and leading cross functional teams, is ready to hit the ground running, has a great attitude, enjoys working in a fast-paced environment, exerts strong leadership skills and exhibits initiative and a sense of urgency to deliver goals.