Are you ready to guide a leading team in Brand Marketing? In this exciting and challenging position, you'll develop and execute marketing strategy for one of the leading luxury retail brands in Japan.
In this position, you'll contribute to grow sales and brand equity, by developing and execute holistic marketing strategy and plans for the company brand, while managing and developing two team members in all areas of marketing, including digital marketing.
- Contribute to grow sales and brand equity by developing and execute holistic marketing strategy and plans.
- This includes media planning and budget allocation/management for the brand, plan execution, leadership with alignment management with multi-functional team & key stakeholders, effectiveness & efficiency measurement and improvement proposal/execution.
- The marketing activity scope includes magazine (ads and tie-ins), through-the-funnel digital marketing (digital ads, paid (& owned) social media, search, LPO, etc), BTL activities (events, concept store activation, etc), and store support activities such as catalogue, OOH, department stores’ promotional ads.
- Collaborate with global marketing teams to leverage, influence on, and manage alignments on global creative assets and media guidelines.
- When planning/executing marketing plans, lead/collaborate with other teams in respective arenas, e.g. E-commerce/Direct Marketing team for lower-funnel digital marketing, PR team for magazine tie-ins, Visual Merchandising & PR teams for event/concept store activations. Show overall marketing directions so that all teams can work toward the same goals consistently.
- Manage and develop capability of 2 team members on holistic marketing skills including digital marketing
- Assign projects to the team members based on both business needs and their skill development needs, and grow their capability on holistic marketing skills and leadership through hands-on OJT and everyday coaching.
- Solid strategic thinking, integrating both qualitative/beauty perspective and quantitative perspective.
- Holistic marketing planning and execution experience at a brand end (vs. an agency end), including media planning, magazine (ads and tie-ins), BTL activities (events, pop-up store, etc), etc, at least for 5 years, >2 years of which is for a fashion, beauty, or luxury brands.
- Robust digital marketing skills/experience at least for 2 years, including digital media planning, ongoing KPI tracking & optimization, and media agency management.
- People management/development experience at least for 3 years.
- Hands-on, roll-up-sleeve attitude - not only strategy/direction giving but also on execution and followthrough. You should also be capable of handling multiple and fast-paced tasks.
- Proactive self-starter.
- Professionally and personally mature person, with excellent interpersonal skills
- Business level English both in writing and speaking, native in Japanese