You are a self-motivated individual who thrives on working with a diverse team. As a Cargo Planner, you are responsible for the calculation of available space onboard assigned vessels, and for creating efficient and safe cargo stowage plans for the assigned vessels to maximize cargo intake. Keeping track of things that require your attention is your strength, and you are detail-oriented. You enjoy collaborating with operational and commercial teams globally, and very keen on conceptualizing solutions to challenges that may arise.
You will work in our office located in Tokyo, Japan, and will report directly to the Cargo Planning Manager.
- Calculate available space onboard vessels
- Plan stowage to maximize intake, and distribute stowage/discharge plans
- Support the vessel to ensure an efficient sequential load and discharge operation.
- Advice required equipment to safely handle cargo
- Reject cargo for loading if not according to standards
- Shift cargo to shore or onboard if to benefit
- Responsible for distribution of the preload and discharge plan to all relevant parties, including the vessel.
- Report potential short shipment and actual short shipment as soon as possible.
- Provide technical support to the commercial side
- Support the vessel to ensure implementation of standards during cargo operations, which includes but does not limit to securing of HH and Static onboard.
- Report vessel and call performance
- Report port call performance
- Act as a link between Terminal/Stevedores/Tally and the vessel
- Degree in Maritime studies, or relevant experience
- Experience as Cargo Superintendent/Port Captain
- First-hand experience from Ro-Ro cargo operations and planning
- Good level of English language skills (verbal & written)
- Proven skills and knowledge of lashing calculations
- Work with a high level of integrity, and have the ability to act with authority