Are you looking to grow from an AP/AR position to gain more leadership in the Finance department?
If so, this Credit Manager opportunity could be perfect for you. The Credit Manager position is responsible for the Accounts Receivable and credit granting process, bill collection, including the consistent application of credit policy. Also manage and ensure that the hotel achieves optimum performance and achieves the required credit targets in all departments. Periodic credit reviews of existing customers, and the assessment of the credit worthiness of potential customers, with the goal of optimizing the mix of company sales and bad debt losses.
This hospitality company has been reporting a strong recovery, and has a stable backing in an industry that is in a slow recovery at the moment. You will work in a diverse team with constant opportunities to engage in multicultural communication and switch between English and Japanese.
You will have the opportunity to work with a supportive manager who will be available and encouraging to develop more leadership skills to grow within the team and company.
- Manage relations with collection agencies.
- Manage relations with the sales and front office departments.
- Train and team building with all departments to ensure that hotel credit policies are followed
- Work together with A/R accountant in review of Accounts Receivable ledger and post incoming payment.
- Responsible for analyzing credit of direct bill requests to approve and/or deny credit with the additional approval of the Director of Finance
- Ensuring prompt, accurate and efficient system for billing of current and aged accounts.
- Monitor the AR ledger, If any discrepancies found then corrective measures to be taken
- Research and resolve all short payments and/or outstanding collections
- Manage all credit issues and resolution with the front desk team
- Monitor credit risk of declined credit cards and work with front office team to mitigate
- Daily banking and posting of incoming and outgoing bank wires
- Follow up on hanging balances in the guest ledger
- Management of all chargebacks; decrease losses. Create efficiencies and train internal departments on ways to minimize chargebacks
- Assist in year end and mid-year audits
- 2 years experience in accounts receivable.
- Flexible and open to learn
- Experience with Sun system and/or Opera POS system is a plus but not required.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work with multiple projects.
- Business level verbal and written communication skills in both English and Japanese