The demand planner is responsible for planning and buying strategy, execution, and analysis around demand planning. This role leads buy plan for every season and requires accuracy by regular analysis and validation of sell-through, sell-in, inventory, and sales forecast, and those are arranged among regional and global stakeholders. In the region, cross-functional work is required with sales, DTC, retail, and product team to make reporting globally by seasonal buy plan adjustment. Especially this position leads regional S&OP meetings that consists of buy, sales, and inventory planning based on inventory turnover analysis and liquidation plan.
Scope and Complexity
This position reports directly to the Japan Operation director.
Requires the latest and appropriate data analysis to distribute accurate reporting to the Japan management team. Those analyses will generate actionable buy and inventory planning that align with company goals to maximize revenue and optimize inventory. Then, he/she execute correctly in a timely manner.
Works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth knowledge of the company. Participates in corporate development of methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for projects, programs, and people. Ensures budgets and schedules meet corporate requirements.
- Proper sell-through, sell-in, and inventory analysis and validation for sales forecast and buy planning
- Accurate interlock between sales forecast and buy planning
- Leads business review meetings and regular reporting based on actual numbers and various analysis results
- Planning and execution approvals for buy planning to optimize sales and inventory
- Internal system operation related to buying planning
- Order and shipment arrangement between the region and global based on production planning
- Leads regional S&OP meeting
- Collaborate with the global team to support global S&OP meeting and adjustment of buy and production planning and other miscellaneous matters
- Liquidation planning and build appropriate inventory turnover simulation to optimize inventory
- Bachelor’s degree in supply chain management
- 8-10 more years planning experience
- 8-10 more years experience in outdoor, sports or fashion industry
- Business level English i.e. TOEIC score 800 or higher
- Strong MS Office Excel skills, prefer to have VBA knowledge
- Strong IT literacy, prefer to have ERP、PLM or other SCM system experiences
- Documented experience of project management includes arrangement and communication
- Relevant finance knowledge
- Interests, desire, and experience in volunteering, environmental protection, corporate responsibilities are preferred