A market-leading consumer services business and house-hold name who are looking to drive digital innovation and change in Japan are looking for an ambitious and pioneering Digital Transformation person who would be the #2 on the team. The role role will be the stepping stone to replace the head of the department.
This role will overhaul their digital services and channels while growing a team and meeting the company's objectives through online transformation, improved online customer experience and a more effective digital product range.
The position has responsibility for the delivery of multiple technology solutions across a number of large programmes and agile teams, by ensuring consistency in delivery approach through creating growth in the company or through betting company wide processes. This is an entrepreneurial role.
Detailed Job Description
The successful candidate will work with the head of digital, commercial leaders, and global to develop a long-term strategy ensuring that their ambition is aligned with their strategic goals. They will also:
- Accountable for the effective resource planning, management, reporting and coordination of projects/initiatives to deliver change in line with availability and business requirements.
- Define and implement the direction of the overall digital strategy.
- Responsible for working with the IT Change Board to coordinate requests for estimation and resourcing for projects which are linked to/impact digital.
- Work in coordinating and managing the annual digital team's delivery roadmap.
- Work with IT Digital Operations team to regularly monitor and review site performance against SLAs.
- Ensure best practices and processes across the digital team for the consistent delivery of digital projects.
- Responsible for Delivery reporting to digital management team, Product Owners and key stakeholders.
- Manage relationships with third party digital delivery partners, focusing on performance management against agreed SLA's and KPI's
The position will have a proven track record of successfully creating and implementing a digital change agenda as well as a wealth of experience in designing digital products and services that solve both conventional and complex business solutions. This could be in marketing, e-commerce, consulting, or some other digital position where they have shown the ability to create dramatic company change.
The successful candidate will have deep expertise in delivering digital technologies and will need to have superb interpersonal skills in Japanese and English, experience leading an innovative team, and have a passion for forward thinking digital transformation.