This position will optimize the supplier relationships and maximize the value that gains from its suppliers within both indirect and direct spend in non-manufacturing as well as manufacturing categories in order to ensure efficiency and compliance in procurement process.
The procurement is seen as an important part of business continuity and there are many chances to conduct large scale projects with considerable size of business impact. This position will be seen as the procurement representative of the region Japan in the internal global community and multiple business trips overseas are expected every year.
- Overall responsible for identifying and developing sourcing business cases based on Japan spend analyses and in-depth knowledge about the spend category market/characteristics and organization, which requires buy-in from the internal stakeholders at all levels of the organization to participate in, drive the sourcing projects across different divisions.
- Supervising multiple global or local sourcing projects that each involve large project teams of 5-15 people (the projects optimizes the value gained from the supplier relationships; value in terms of improved quality, cost savings and lowest possible supply chain costs, while taking into consideration in quality, risk, environmental and social aspects).
- Conduct continuous improvement of vendor portfolio by evaluating/selecting/deselecting new vendors as well as incumbent ones
- Manage Product Supply (PS) procurement processes in line with GMP/QMS and relevant regulation, including Subcontracting Law in Japan
- Manage to contract Responsible Sourcing clause as well as “Circular for Zero” (global sustainability project) with relevant vendors
- Manage and monitor goods/service are procured in line with Japan payment regulation
- Conduct effective vendor relationship management to maximize value for the company
- Make continuous improvement in cost and service of procuring goods/service (except for importing goods) by conducting RFX and Direct negotiation
- Monitor and manage relevant budget of procuring goods/services (except for importing goods) for continuous improvement
- Monitor and manage standard price of procuring goods/services (except for importing goods) for continuous improvement
- Conduct effective stakeholder management by facilitating between relevant stakeholders
- Make sure to store records & documents in rules and relevant regulation
- Overall responsible for establishing Category Strategies for key categories and manage category managers how to procure goods & services, (eg, “Meeting & Event”, “Global & Domestic Travel”, “Printing”, “Interpretation & Translation”, “Promotional Distribution”, etc). Making sure cross organizational resources that mainly use suppliers within relevant categories have the chance to participate, influence and determine how we will be working with suppliers in the respective categories in Japan. Further the categories will develop governance for working with and handling relevant suppliers. Overall responsible for supporting all divisions where needed with maximizing value of budgets through active support with Sourcing, prioritization and monitoring and reporting of benefits such as savings, Purchase Order (PO) ratio and compliance level of relevant category procurement policy.
- Develop category management.
- Continuously develop and optimize category strategy
- Establish category governance based on the set strategy
- Define role & responsibility of category governance
- Manage reporting system of consolidated spend data
- Manage and monitor Master Service Agreements (MSAs) as contract & vendor owner
- Establish a list of key stakeholders
- Understand market, suppliers and competitors
- Provide professional service based on high level of category insight
- Bachelor’s degree or above (MBA is preferred)
- Extensive management career in both direct and indirect procurement of global companies
- A minimum of 10 years of Global and Strategic Sourcing experience in both indirect and direct spend area
- Change management experience in Procurement
- Experience in multinational organization is required with the proven track records of developing effective sourcing strategies and cost saving contribution
- Strong cultural understanding and management skills. The position is placed in a culturally diverse environment. The position requires ability to analyse and balance input from various critical sources that in many cases have delicate and contradictory interests.
- Strong supplier management skills - in order to be continuously but constructively, demanding of suppliers’ performance.
- Strong cross functional leadership skills, including an ability to work, build relationships and trust as well as get commitment from both internal and external stakeholders.
- Solid analytical skills. A significant practical experience in analyzing complex topics and suggesting suitable solutions to challenges.
- Strong communication skills, both orally and in writing in both Japanese and English. This includes professional presentation skills
- Strong negotiation skill
- Strong problem-solving skill