The overall objectives of the position are to manage Group’s Import/Export operations to smoothly process merchandises/non-merchandises transportation from HQ, the group’s DC and other various locations as well as to facilitate the needs of processes related to import/export and stock-in from Kering group brands.
How you will contribute
The group brands’ sales are expanding and product import qty is increasing along with their business expansion. Also, Importation of Furnitures and tools for events and new stores are increasing. Addition to that, there are new project such as EPA or Eagle shipment and operation is getting complex. Together with business expansion, Stock exchange between regions and return goods to our HQ is increasing that makes Export operation increase too.
The position will manage both import and export of merchandise and non-merchandise with high sense of compliance and schedule commitment including the task of cost control and accurate billing management by communicating with finance team.
- Monitor shipments from Europe up to Narita WH and prepare exceptional reports for delay, damage etc - Coordinate with shippers and forwarders/customs vendor to ensure smooth imports.
- Control tariff quota (TQ) for shoes imports.
- Check and make necessary communication for EPA application
- Coordinate the shipments of Non-merchandise from the suppliers to designated delivery address - Coordinate courier shipments (mainly for samples and event tools)
- Update/share WH receiving status with the local teams of the Group brands for any irregularity. - Monitor WH receiving process and prepare discrepancy reports (shortage, damage etc)
- Check vendor’s invoices of import expenses and input them into the system/local file.
- Check vendor’s monthly invoices for the local import/export operations and process/prepare for payment (communication with finance)
- Prepare export documents (invoices, CITES, EPA declaration etc.) for return, regional stock exchange etc. - Analyze monthly KPI and manage vendors to improve their performance of import/export operation. - Stock in operation by using internal system
Who you are
- Fluent in Japanese and business level of English skills (verbal and written) required
- More than 5 years of experience in import export operation
- Import/Export customs knowledge
- EPA experience, knowledge preferred
- Strong sense of duty/tax saving and knowledge of methods
- Special shipment (such as CITES, TQ, CARNET) knowledge
- Advanced Excel capabilities, with excellent numerical and analytical skills
- Experience in foreign-owned company preferred, with ability to work with people of different cultures - Excellent communication and organizational skills, with strategic analytical skills
- Hard working professional, with hands-on and open-minded attitude and ability to multi-task in entrepreneurial environment