Based in the United States, the hiring company is the global leader in medical solutions for the healthcare industry.
This position will allow you to become the Finance Head for Japan. The successful candidate will act as the key business partner to APAC and HQ, and is accountable for all accounting, compliance and fiduciary activities in Japan.
- Acts as Finance Business Partner to the local business leaders to navigate various data to find opportunities and drive actions to improve business performance from top line through to bottom line, as well as cash flow.
- Lead Japan's Monthly Actual Results, Annual Operating Plan, Monthly Forecast preparation
- Conduct Credit Management to Balance Business Growth vs Cash Flow Optimization
- Manage local assembly costing, Variance Analysis, and STD Cost Determination to drive cost down.
- Oversee Period End Ledger Closing to ensure finance data integrity, accuracy, completeness in compliance with Corp Finance/Accounting Policy and USGAAP.
- Oversee local Financial Statement, various Tax Return filing matters through in-house people or outsourced professional firm
- Maintain a robust internal control environment in terms of SOX through development of localized discipline to safeguard company assets
- Enhance productivity, quality through continuous improvement
- Develop Japan Finance Team through role modelling, coaching, experience sharing, and training
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Commerce. (IMA/CMA is a plus. MBA is preferred)
- Must be 15 years of related financial experience with progressively responsible roles, at least 5+ years of managerial experience.
- Familiar with Japan Tax Accounting, JGAAP, and USGAAP.
- Be Proficient in SAP, HFM, and Excel
- Business level in English, Native in Japanese
- Resilient to dynamic working environment and pressure
- Passionate in self-learning
- Results oriented with process driving to details
- A hands-on professional with appropriate delegation skills to lead a diverse team