A European medical devices company with 200 employees in Japan is searching for an FP&A Director to manage the company's P&L here. This newly-created position will manage an FP&A Manager and report to the Japan Head of Finance. This business allows employees to work from home 4 days per week.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
- In accordance with the Company’s policy, totally responsible for managing business finance.
- In addition, participate in the management team and support company strategies to grow the business.
- Responsible for providing local management and Region/HQ with financial planning, control, financial result analysis, and business forecast.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Planning and budgeting
- In accordance with business plan, responsible for create budget plan including cost
- Conduct top & bottom line analysis periodically, and identify the risk and/or gap against budget, if any.
- Prepare financial review materials for senior managements which include exact data and detailed analysis with logical insights.
- Work with business managers to develop business plans and budgets.
- Create business result analysis and forecast business outlook reflecting the latest commercial environment.
- Review current business status / economy environment and provide adequate and concise advice for local managements.
- Manage and control company expenditure; capital, trade spending, and operating expenses.
- University degree is required
- CPA is preferred
- More than 10 years finance related experience in a multinational company
- Work experience in the medical device industry (preferred)
- Expertise in finance and business analysis
- Knowledge of accounting and local/IFRS statutory regulation and tax law
- Team management experience
- Fluent in written and spoken English and Japanese
- Knowledge and experience of related computer applications (SAP and BI)
- Strong leadership, ownership, communication presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Logical, strategic, challenging and inventive way of thinking