A global luxury retailer is looking for an experienced GL accountant to join its shared service center team in Shibuya. This position will manage the GL accounting functions for some of the retail group's flagship international fashion brands.
- Perform, monthly and annually closing with all requested reports under deadlines.
- Prepare monthly vouchers, financial reports and analysis to ensure the accuracy in recording and reporting to finance manager on a timely basis.
- Ensure accurate management and statutory reporting in compliance with local laws, standards, IFRS and headquarter standards.
- Ensure a proper assets management in compliance with IFRS and JPGAAP.
- Responsible for inter-company charges and reconciliation.
- Communicate with brand finance regularly to fully understand the needs and requirements of them
- Assist and to support Finance Manager on business development activities
- Participate audits from both Internal and external auditors then to follow up any issues identified
- Assist in development and implementation of new procedures and features to enhance the workflow of the department.
- Native-level Japanese, business-level English
- Bachelor degree in Finance or Accounting
- At least 5 years working experience in G/L
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Familiar with IFRS, JPGAAP and tax regulations
- Self-starter and self-motivated
- Adapt to working stress, be positive, hard-working and long-term stability development
- SAP experience is a plus
- Stylish, international office in Shibuya
- Excellent internal mobility within the group
- Opportunity to move towards FP&A in the future