Position: GL section manager
Finance Manager (and Finance Director)
Functionally closely work with US corporate finance (accounting
and tax etc.) team
Subordinates: none at beginning (but, TBD after 1 year)
We are looking for an experienced GL section manager who will be responsible for US GAAP / J-GAAP accounting and Local tax filing. In the near future, we would like GL section manager to be working on SOX control to get better understanding about Company’s internal processes.
Finance team – Finance team of Japan and HQ in USA
Japan Internal – All the functions other than finance
External – Local tax consultant, Accounting auditor
- Closing monthly/quarterly TB including cost accounting in a timely manner.
- Leading tax filings with the support of tax consultants.
- Reconciling intercompany balance with all group companies (5 groups).
- Ensure the accounting operations are efficient and in accordance with both Japan and US accounting principles, group policies, as well as local tax requirement.
- Ensure the risk management strategy and relevant internal control procedure are moderate given the size of the business.
- Managing and mentoring accountants and junior accountants in finance team.
Future Responsibilities (3~5 years later):
- Rotation with FP&A and/or in future to Finance Manager
- Familiar with Japan accounting/tax law and regulation, and US-GAAP
- Demonstrated skill at ERP (preferably SAP), Excel and PPT
- Thorough knowledge on accounting principles and analytical skills to analyze financial data and reports
- Experience to support both business side and/or finance department
- Excellent grasp of the interrelationships between economics, finance and operating policy and capability
- At least 7 years multi-national company and/or accounting & tax audit firm experience
- Fluent in English speaking, reading and writing
- Excellent presentation and negotiation skills
- Comfortable communicating with senior management
- Ability to be assigned to FP&A transaction, possibly Treasury in the future
- SAP experience/knowledge
- Big 4 audit experience
- Good understanding of consumer marketing concepts (FMCG)
- Experience in high end/premium product distribution
- Interests in Golf, Apparel and Outdoors
- Proven business acumen, excellent financial skills and strong leadership qualities
- Strong interpersonal, emotional intelligence and communication and presentation skills
- Team oriented, open minded, willingness to share and communicate
- Result driven
- Perseverance, able to handle stress and meet deadlines and work with limited resources
- Creativity, result driven and problem-solver
- Strategic thinking
- A commercial and analytical mind-set
- University graduate with a major in accounting or finance
- Professional qualification such as CFA/CPA or similar will be considered a plus