POSITION SUMMARY AND KEY TASK DESCRIPTION:
The main focus of the role is to lead the teams, Accounting and Treasury/compliance, and support on
1) financial /accounting operations to ensure production of accurate and reliable accounting records for both external and internal reporting purposes,
2) financial transactions such as payment and collection of cash,
3) Legal support, i.e. the review of contracts related to financial section and a bridge between the division and a 3rd party organization (APAC Legal/ 3rd party lawyer) and
4) administrative role for compliance and company secretariat are also in scope. Provide analytical review to management is also necessary.
Task 1: Statutory accounting - Lead/manage monthly, quarterly, half-year and annual closing to 30% ensure fulfillment of all external and internal reporting requirements. Conduct analytical review to ensure plausibility of variances.
Task 2: Audit – Lead/manage external and internal audit. Provide all the necessary schedules in 15% relation to the audits. Mitigate risks indicated by auditors in advance.
Task 3: Tax – Lead/manage and file Tax return in an accordance with Tax regulations. Seek for 15% potential tax savings. Mitigate risks indicated by authorities in advance.
Task 4: Cash/Credit management – Lead/manage payment and collection. Credit control for 15% customers is critically reviewed. Cash flow statement is in scope. Working capital is monitored.
Task5: Legal/Compliance/Company secretariat – Lead/manage reviews of contractual 15% documents. Bridge between the division concerned and legal function. Support compliance and company secretariat matter.
Task 6: Budget - Involved in Budgeting process. Analyze the deviation between Actual and Budget. 5%
Task 7: Others - Assist in system implementation and any other tasks being assigned by 5% supervisors. Assist and navigate the members is also an important role.
BACKGROUND AND PROFILE:
Education: Bachelor Degree
IT Skills: SAP Hyperion
Functional: over 10 years
Industry: Sport, Retail, FMCG is preferable
Language Skills: Business level in English and Japanese
Excellent MS-Office knowledge (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
CORE COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Problem Solving
- Cost Consciousness
- Quality Commitment
- Teamwork & inter-personal skills
- Leadership: preferred
International accounting standards knowledge (IFRS)
Internal: Finance teams & All functions in Japan
External: Tax authority & Auditors & Colleagues in APAC/HQ