Our client is an American manufacturing company based in Tokyo
1. In collaboration with the manager, shape and provide appropriate interventions to optimize business performance to execute against strategy goals generally at the BU/Function leadership level. Balance enterprise-wide and business unit specific needs with local requirements.
2. In collaboration with manager, conduct organizational talent assessments; develop talent strategy and pipeline to staff and build workforce capability. (e.g., selection, assessment, development, succession)
3. In collaboration with manager, design and implement change management, communication and engagement strategies within the BU/Function.
4. Actively partner, coach and develop managers and begin to develop executive leadership. (e.g., coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions, performance management).
5. Effectively leverage and partner with COE & HR Ops in the delivery of initiatives to deliver the HR strategy for BU/Function. Balance enterprise-wide and business unit specific needs with local requirements.
6. Leverage tools and systems e.g.; Workforce Dashboard, Workday to perform analytics in support of business strategy.
7. As required, participate in M,A&D diligence and integration(s) from the HR perspective. Partner with M,A&D core team and regional HR on projects, programs, processes and initiatives to integrate the acquisition with the BU/Function.
8. Participate in at least one HR enterprise/region-wide initiative annually.
Demonstrates depth and/or breadth of expertise in own specialized discipline or field
Interprets internal/external business challenges and recommends best practices to improve products, processes or services
May lead functional teams or projects with moderate resource requirements, risk, and/or complexity
Leads others to solve complex problems; uses sophisticated analytical thought to exercise judgment and identify innovative solutions
Impacts the achievement of customer, operational, project or service objectives; work is guided by functional policies
Communicates difficult concepts and negotiates with others to adopt a different point of view
- Native Japanese with business level English
- Strong HRBP experience (3-5 years)
- Will be responsible for service business organization but not responsible for hiring