At the heart of this company is making the world a better, safer, more sustainable place. It's been part of their mission for nearly one hundred years.
Headquartered in the Americas, with a global footprint of more than 30 labs and offices across Europe, Asia and North America, they test, inspect and certify a wide range of products - from every day househould items to leading edge technology-to meet exacting requirements for safety, performance and environmental impact.
Our employees take pride in making a difference in people's lives through the work that we do. We're looking for people like you to help make it happen.
- Contributes to and supports in the business strategy by providing sound HR leadership coaching and advice in order to identify, prioritize, and build organizational capabilities, behaviors, structures, and HR processes which reflect current laws and compliance, corporate values and objectives, regional culture, work environment and employee needs
- Act as an advocate of change to improve employee engagement by; delivering tailored HR solutions in the areas of employee relations, compensation and benefits, training and development and performance management. May reach out to the Regional HRBP or Corporate HR to obtain input and guidance, as required
- Works with Managers in the development and administration of regional HR policies and practices, and provides guidance and coaching to build strong business relationships with local management and established credibility with employees.
- Review and benchmark the internal and external environment to improve the HR policies and initiatives and enhance overall business performance
- Acts in the capacity of an independent confidential resource for employees and managers on a wide variety of issues in support of an effective and positive work environment, by responding to manager and employee questions and concerns in a timely fashion, identify any patterns or trends in the issues presented, and develop potential solutions for long term resolution.
- Participates in dispute mediation and collaborates with Managers on the appropriate actions. Provides guidance on issues, which include conflict resolution, roles and relationships, performance, and training. May obtain input and guidance as required from the Regional HRBP.
- Works on developing leadership skills of local managers and provides guidance on how to manage/deal with issues and/or challenges.
- Develop and promote feedback mechanisms for employees to influence the continuous improvement of HR services and processes
- Maintain close contact with the cross functional Corporate HR team to work in synchronization with the other business units
- Accountability for managing and collaborating with the Corporate Total Rewards Team and HR colleagues to coordinating processes and emerging issues in the following areas: Total Rewards, Payroll, Performance Management; Employee and Leadership Development; Employee Engagement; Organizational Development; Change Management, Recruitment; Talent Management; On-boarding and Orientation; Succession Planning; Diversity and Employee Relations.
- Maintains detailed confidential personnel records for the office(s) and ensures all records are accurately updated in a timely matter.
- Understands the business mission, challenges and strategic initiatives in order to influence and drive the business’ agenda for their assigned office(s).
- Takes part in organization design/succession planning discussion/ process with the local leadership teams to ensure alignment with overall business strategy.
- Responsible for working with Talent Management team and the Regional HRBP to proactively recruit in alignment with the talent acquisition strategy and designated metrics; participates and may facilitate in the recruitment process by interviewing for management levels, and above.
- Manages employment contracts and ensures corporate and legislative guidelines are met.
- Provides support in the use of HR systems, tools and processes.
- Works with Regional HRBP to ensure HR services and support is delivered to their locations in a consistent manner.
- Communicates with Regional HRBP to ensure that issues and concerns are raised and addressed in a proactive manner.
Preferred Skills & Experience
- Sound knowledge of employment legislation and regulations
- Minimum of 5-7 years of related Human Resources experience
- Demonstrated standard level proficiency in MS Office, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, internet/intranet applications and preferably HRIS familiarity
- Excellent written and verbal communication in Japanese & English
- Demonstrated competencies in several aspects of HR Management, (i.e. succession planning, performance management; total rewards; labour relations; coaching)