A great opportunity for a motivated individual to join this international medical device company.
This company operates as an independent company that develops, manufactures, and markets healthcare products and services worldwide. They offer advanced medical products as well as provide innovative healthcare programs, services, and educational materials for patients and healthcare professionals. They are the market leader with continual growth globally and in Japan.
You will be in a strategic and hands-on role that provides full HR support to designated business units.
You will be responsible for providing outstanding internal customer support, driving HR functional excellence, and overall process improvements. The position is responsible for planning and implementation of HR programs and policies.
This position is responsible for supporting the business in building leadership capability to lead and manage people and change, as well as utilizing the associate’s performance and potential to achieve short term goals and build for the future.
- Developing and implementing effective Recruitment for Talent strategies. Analyze and understand the Talent needs.
- Provide guidance and input on business unit organizational design and overall workforce planning.
- Provide consultative support to performance planning and management; ensuring effective utilization of the process.
- Advice and counsel all levels of management and Associates as they relate to Associate relations and performance issues. In-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of associates, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance. With support from legal counsel and your manager to manage and resolve associate relations issues.
- Build Talent Ownership mindset and practices for all leaders. Enable leaders to build a strong Talent Pipeline to support and enhance.
- business goals. Identify talent issues before they impact the business.
- Support the development of Leadership and Associate capabilities in Key Areas, especially Commercial Excellence.
- Secure local change strategies preparing the business for the future. Act as Change agent, sustain change and facilitate change.
- Build and maintain collaborative working relationships with Associates working toward the achievement of local business plans. Regional Communicator of Corporate Communications.
- Deliver day-to-day operational HR Excellence to the business including HR programs; Working conditions; Manage probation period; Organizational announcements; Policies and procedures.
- Manage benefits; Pension Plan, Recognition, Service Award, Insurance etc and Compensation; Annual merit increase and salary benchmark; Employee Relocation and Company Housing.
- Manage Legal/Compliance; Employment Contracts, Compliance Issues (Harassment, Hotline) etc.
- Partner with the Global HR Function and as a member of the APAC team to contribute in leading aligned HR support in the APAC region.
- Experience working for an international company.
- Fluent Japanese and business level English skills.
- 5+ years experience working as an HR Generalist.