An exciting HR Manager role at a leading European manufacturing company in Kanagawa.
This position covers several key areas. You will work as an integral part of the HR team in nurturing an effective working relationship, influencing and even challenging the senior management team in the development and delivery of their people plans in driving our sustainable and profitable growth through our robust people strategy for respective business unit(s). You will supervise 1 member and lead Talent Management related initiatives and other ad-hoc projects as assigned. In addition you will manage career development of identified internal talents with potential to grow.
- Collaborate closely with respective business leader(s) in supporting the design, development and deployment of by understanding deeply about the business and partner internally with other HR team in talent acquisition, talent management, compensation & benefits in delivering HR initiatives in line with our overall people strategy.
- Build strong partnership with the business leader(s) in developing their team members, providing advice, guidance and ad-hoc training in catering for team members’ personal development plans.
- Work with the business leader(s) to establish and introduce systems that identify employees with high potential, develop career paths in consideration of key roles for succession planning and self-development.
- Capable in challenging the status quo and act as a change agent in response to dynamic business environment.
- Supervise 1 member and lead talent management related initiatives, including plan and support facilitation of People Review, drive talent development plan and initiatives (e.g. Development center for high potential talents, Mentoring Program) by collaborating with regional HR managers.
- Develop and facilitate to enhance the coaching and mentoring skills of core people managers.
- Drive organization development activities in Japan
Ideal Skills & Experiences
- Bachelor’s degree in any field.
- 5+ years of experience as a senior HR Professional in a commercially driven organization.
- Proven success in driving HR topics including; employee engagement, employee relations, talent management and talent acquisition.
- Strategic mind-set with ability to partner with key stakeholders in the business while leading business stakeholders from an operational perspective.
- Strong communication skills with ability to influence and interact across all levels of management and highly proficient in managing change and cascade the message to all levels.
- Proven experience working in a complex, commercial organization and/or consulting role that requires detail orientation, sound judgment and strong analytical skills.
- Highly proficient in related IT skills including MS-Office and related HR systems/databases.
- Ability to work successfully in a process driven organization with courage to challenge the status quo.
- Business level of English required in order to co-work with regional HR team.