This is a pivotal HR role within this global company.
The Human Resources Manager-Japan is responsible for all HR duties for 60 employees across 3 locations (2 in Hyogo and Tokyo). The HR Manager will oversee employee relations, policies, recruiting, and other programs within these locations and report to HQ in the USA.
- Implement company-wide project and process such as talent review, salary planning and performance management
- Recruit based on hiring needs from business units with global and APAC leaders
- Reconcile a team that was experiencing employee morale issues
- Act as an intermediary between employees, management and global HR team as well as business partners
- Revise and implement effective HR policies to ensure all practices are in compliance with Japanese labor laws and employment regulations
- Play a role of facilitator for internal training and coordinator for external training
- Conduct new hire orientation as well as exit interviews
- Communicate effectively with management, global team and employees to provide solutions from HR perspective
- Work with payroll vendors, health insurance union and social insurance agent and request to change the data, verify the outcome and send the data to Finance team
- Lead salary planning for Japan Non-exempt employees. Creates basic data and adjust among functions.
- Calculate the premium of pension plan (DC) for eligible employees every year and submit to the pension agent. Proceed monthly payment for the premium.
- Input and proceed payment data into SAP system
- Prepare visa application documents and invitation letters
- Bachelor’s degree
- More than 5 year-experiences as an HR Generalist
- Business level English skills and fluent Japanese
- Working experiences in foreign multi-national companies
- Experiences as a factory/plant HR manager
- Knowledge of Workday and SAP