A new HRBP role at a leading American manufacturing company in central Tokyo.
The Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP), Talent Acquisition and Talent Management and Development (TMD) is expected to play a critical role in aligning Human Resources strategic business goals, closely working with management and leaders, as well as in strategic planning for the pipeline for future talent.
Main Roles & Responsibilities
- Translate the strategic and tactical business plans into critical HR actions, programs, and initiatives;
- Provide HR solutions support, process knowledge advice and consultation to leaders;
- Act as a catalyst for change; guides and directs organizational design, development and change management solutions;
- Collaborate with Center of Excellence partners to execute and implement large-scale HR initiatives (i.e., roll out annual programs, new programs / policies, etc.);
- Coach management team on leadership and HR issues including application of HR policies and processes, restructuring, complex employee issues;
- Conduct Talent Acquisition, including both middle career and fresh grads.
- Conduct employee relations investigations and bring to resolution;
- Support integration activities for newly acquired businesses.
- Analyze and develop talent management plan for Japan;
- Organize and facilitate talent identification, assessment, review and succession discussion;
- Coordinate with global TMD to identify and develop plans to meet with the country needs;
Ideal Skills & Experiences
- Bachelor or higher degree;
- 5+ years of Human Resources experience in HRBP or OD / TD field;
- Experience working in a global and matrixed organization;
- Ability to innovate and willing to challenge the status quo;
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interface with all levels of the organization, both in English and Japanese;
- Analytical capabilities;
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality, work independently and multi-task;
- Self-motivated and positive mindset to make a change;
- Ability to quickly adapt to changing business needs;