Basic Function: Prepare paperwork for export shipments, arrange cost-effective, business efficient importations based on trade compliance. Assist Forecasting/Purchasing Planner with related duties and delivery lead time. Processes and distills information into reports.
Responsible for preparing paperwork for export shipments, coordinating and communicating details with planners, 3PL warehouse, Freight Forwarder and consignee.
Responsible for working with Forecasting/Purchasing Planning to track incoming shipments and make preparations for their arrival.
Responsible for working with external vendors for shipping coordination.
Responsible for reviewing Customs import and export entries for accuracy and compliance with regards to value, product classifications and vendor compliance.
Daily communication with external Customs Broker/3PL vendor to manage compliance of import entry process.
Responsible for preparing, reporting and updating import status and information to key-related parties.
Responsible for filing all import and export documents in compliance to internal procedures, laws and regulations.
Responsible for creating, analyzing and managing cost simulations for freight and lead times. Also assist in determining best method for freight movement.
Responsible for developing and reporting tools that can be used to measure the success of carriers and planners in the timeliness of orders and deliveries.
Responsible for developing, filing and reporting the actual costs related to importation and exportation.
Continuously improve performance and partnerships with internal and external business partners, especially focused on key holiday and peak periods
1. Time management skills
2. Experience in Japanese customs law and regulations.
3. Experience in Japanese logistics, concentrating in local transportations.
4. Maintain confidentiality of business relations/information
5. Communication and interpersonal skill
6. Ability to compile and analyze information/data
7. Ability to prepare and propose recommendations.
8. Business One
9. Duty Preference Knowledge preferred
10. Apparel operations experience preferred
11. Team player, a highly motivated to learn other operational functions
12. Computer skills; MS Excel, Word and Power Point