A great opportunity to be a true HR Generalist for a truly international organization in central Tokyo.
This person is responsible for the implementation and execution of local Human Resources and Administration strategies & processes, including day-to-day areas of talent acquisition, compensation & benefits, performance management, learning and development, training administration, talent management, employee relations, as well as a range of support functions that ensures the administration activities within the organization run smoothly to meet daily business operations requirements.
- Support Global / Regional HR in driving global HR policies, initiatives and projects in local Agency.
- Responsible for delivering seamless HR support to the local organization in areas of talent acquisition, compensation & benefits, performance management, learning and development, talent management, employee relations and change management, to meet the achievement of the business objectives.
- Act as trusted advisor to senior management and employees on people related matters decisions, and strongly contribute to create a fair, motivating and inspiring work environment.
- Partner and support local Management on HR related business requirements, which may include recruitment, work practices, change or implementation of HR policies, organization design and structure, compensation and benefits, compliance matters, etc.
- Ensure HR processes are aligned with Global / Reginal HR processes, which include Recruitment & On-boarding, Employment Termination, Performance Management, Compensation and Benefit, Leave Request, Business Travel Request, Expense Claims.
- Play an active role in critical situations by acting as a key stakeholder in finding solutions to potential issues or challenges.
- Sharing of HR best practices with Global / Regional / other local HR Managers within the region.
- Employee Data and Human Resources Information System (HRIS).
- Ensure high integrity of local employee information and data to facilitate and enable a trustworthy HR data analytics.
- Prepare, review and analyze employee statistical reports to support in business decision making and / or review of current policies and practices to maintain or improve HR service levels.
- Responsible for local recruitment, including the following.
- screening of resumes and interviewing of candidates.
- support and guide Hiring Managers in interview structure.
- advise Hiring Manager on most appropriate channel of recruitment.
- partner Managers to craft and update detailed job descriptions.
- craft job advertisements to better attract talents.
Compensation & Benefits
- Perform review and recommendation for discussion of salary proposals with Management for approval.
- Perform compensation data analysis through internal and external salary benchmarks for the local Agency.
- Review local Agency job levels and salary structures as per Global HR Compensation tool and methodology.
- Review medical and hospitalization insurance plans for renewal as part of total compensation and benefits plan and strategy in the local Agency.
- Review local HR Policy, including employee benefits such as leave, annual wage supplement and bonus eligibility, and long service awards, as part of total compensation and benefits plan and strategy.
- Ensure a clear communication and implementation of the Global HR Performance Management Framework in local Agency.
- Support local Management with the Performance Management process, including Goal Settings, Performance Review, and Performance Appraisal, or as per Global HR process.
- Initiate people performance management workshops to ensure Managers and Employees are aligned in the process, as required.
- Ensure Shared Development Plan (SDP) is carried out between Employees and their Managers as part of their performance review during the year, or as per Global HR process.
- Facilitate with local Management, where required, to implement performance management tools (eg. Performance Improvement Plan) for poor performers to meet performance expectations.
- Partner with local Management on succession planning to identify performers or talents within respective departments / organization for development as required.
Learning & Development
- Design and deliver employee Learning & Development plans, by identifying training needs through internal / external resources and developing an annual training plan for all employees.
- Provide support to Managers and Employees on training needs and/or course recommendations specific to training requirements based on development needs.
- Conduct workshops to equip Managers and Employees with knowledge on relevant development topics as required.
- Implement Global HR Learning and Development initiatives, as required.
- Perform talent identification through a rigorous process of talent identification as per the Global HR Talent Management Framework.
- Develop the talents by setting up structured local initiatives that contribute to the improvement of the organization.
- Work closely with Management to identify and approve high potential candidates who will go through the Global HR People Development Program framework.
- With the support from the Senior HR & Administration Executive, oversee the day-to-day office administration function, including business travel process, to ensure seamless administration support to the local organization with aim to achieve maximum work productivity and cost efficiency.
- Support the Global / Regional HR on the delivery of the Global Projects and Plans, whilst adapting them to the local cultural and business specificities.
- Drive employee engagement through an active approach of implementing events and initiatives to promote employee morale and inclusivity.
- Act as an ambassador of company values through dedicated initiatives and promoting a fair, motivating and inspiring working environment.
Ideal Skills & Experiences
- Minimum Degree in Business Administration or equivalent with at least 5 years of relevant HR generalist working experience; preferably in similar industry
- Ability to manage key stakeholders
- Be abreast of latest employment regulations and best market practices
- Microsoft Office applications experience
- Excellent communication skills in Japanese & English