The ideal candidate will develop and implement HR strategies aligned with the overall business strategy for Japan. This covers all aspects of a typical HR generalist role including recruitment, employee relations, compensation & benefits, performance management, employment regulations and conditions.
1. HR Policies
Develop, implement, review, and drive fair and reasonable HR policies, procedures, processes in partnership with the Senior Management to facilitate high level of motivation, consistency and compliance with local labor regulations. Allign HR strategies with business strategies fostering company culture.
2. Drive HR Initiatives
Support strategic initiatives by driving People Development pillar & implement deliverables associated with it.
3. Talent Acquisition
Define & drive complete Talent Acquisition strategies for sourcing the right talent at right cost & quality from diverse sources after identification of manpower requirements & Manpower Planning/budgeting.
4. Performance & Talent Management
Drive Annual Performance & Development Review (APDR) as a strategic global performance management tool to ensure timely delivery of various parameters of APDR such as Goals setting, Mid year Reviews, Development Measures, Annual Merit reviews, Succession Plan, Career Discussion Interviews etc.
5. Talent Development
· Drive new joiners induction/orientation process to foster positive attitude towards organizational objectives & build positive employee experience.
· Drive strategies to build learning & development culture in the organization to help employees in achieving their personal goals, which in turn, enhances the individual contribution to an organization and assist the organization in its primary objective by bringing individual effectiveness.
6. Compensation & Benefits Management
· Review and ensure market competitive and business appropriate employee compensation & benefits.
· Initiate changes in tandem with changes in government labor regulations to update employee handbook and communicate changes with employees.
7. Employee Relations, Engagement, Welfare & Culture Building
Promote good employee relations to foster good team work and collaboration among the Japan team.
8. HR Budgeting
Provide inputs on HR costs and training infrastructure and support in the annual budgeting process.
9. HR Infrastructure
Manage outsourced vendors eg payroll, benefit providers and advisories on income tax etc to secure quality services at reasonable rates.
- Bachelor's degree or relevant experience
- 6+ years' experience in Human Resources
- Strong recruiting and demonstrated ability to improve talent acquisition strategies
- Demonstrated expertise training managers and employees
- Strong organizational, critical thinking and communications skills
- Attention to detail and good judgement
- Fluent command of Japanese & English in spoken and written form