Logistics & Distribution Manager APAC organizes the storage and distribution of goods. He/she would ensure the right products are delivered to the right location on time and at an optimal cost. Should be involved in transportation, stock control, warehousing and monitoring the flow of goods in the whole APAC region, being responsible for not only Japan, but also Australia, South Korea, Singapore, Hong Kong and Taiwan. Understanding the whole supply chain is important in order to coordinate it effectively and liaise with suppliers of raw materials, manufacturers, retailers and consumers.
1 Logistics/Planning Management:
⚫ Responsible for product supply management efficiently (S&OP) including domestic logistics, import planning, on-going sourcing site management and production volume planning.
⚫ Deliver the targeted logistics cost optimizing work process efficiency
⚫ Responsible for customer order management co-work with sales organization.
⚫ Track business progress and Prepare necessary reporting.
⚫ Analyze logistics opportunity; develop logistics strategy co-working with other function and execute logistics saving with required quality.
⚫ Co-work with Supply Chain Sr Manager to improve on-going supply chain.
2 Budget Control:
⚫ Manage approved product cost & logistics cost budgets.
⚫ Analyze logistics opportunities; develop logistics strategy co-working with other function and execute logistics saving with required quality.
⚫ Track budget spending progress and prepare necessary reporting
3 People Management
⚫ Builds a team of highly engaged and motivated people.
⚫ Agrees on annual objectives and links variable pay to the achievement levels.
⚫ Holds bi-annual performance reviews giving clear, honest and fair feedback.
⚫ Support talent development of the team utilizing internal trainings.
1. In-depth and extensive logistics expertise to manage customers / trade with a high-level discipline.
2. People management experience and skills, equipped with strong leadership while being a good motivator.
3. Self-starting and proactive, efficiently manage workload by prioritization and empowerment to the team.
4. High level of compliance, work ethics and personal integrity.
5. Proactive and results oriented
6. Assertive yet good team player with a positive “can do” attitude
7. Strong negotiation skill.
8. English proficiency to manage effectively written and verbal communication with key stakeholders, and native-level Japanese are required.
9. > 5 years experiences in logistics/planning area as manager
10. Good analytical skills which will enable the person to give knowledgeable direction to supply chain team. Preferred
⚫ Multi National company experience is preferred