Job Summary : This position is responsible for the day to day management of logistics including warehousing, Distribution services, Freight forwarding, import/export, Returns, project executions, and general administration. This position will plan, direct, coordinate, and execute the logistics operations of the organization. Responsible for ensuring and improving the performance, productivity, efficiency, and profitability of departmental and organizational operations through the provision of effective methods and strategies.
1. General Administration - Lead, manage and develop staff in the daily operations to achieve defined objectives - Control and manage the Logistics budgets - Effective communications with other business areas as needed, including the corporate office - Leads special projects to improve operations performance, including benchmarking studies, competitive analysis, etc.
2. Logistics - Overall management and execution of warehouse activities and operation by 3PL warehouse company. - Manages and control logistics operation within the budget with forward-looking analysis - Manages and improves the logistics operation's utmost productivity and efficiency. - Manages and verifies that physical inventories and cycle counts are completed - Manage the distribution services fulfilling the customer’s delivery date requirements - Manages KPI’s and performance metrics with management cadences - Responsible for pricing and operational negotiations with 3PL warehouse company and truckers - Reinforces all aspects of warehouse security to ensure the safety of inventory and all personnel - Responsible for maintaining and abiding by all health and safety policies and procedures. - Maintains and updates Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) on an ongoing basis. - Keep sufficient records in the warehousing and distribution for audit and statutory compliances. - Responsible for coordinating and supporting vast projects of the company with respect to overall supply chain management.
3. Import/Export - Responsible for overall management and execution of all importing and exporting operation - Responsible for pricing and operational negotiation with forwarders and couriers. - Ensuring compliance with all Japan Import and Export laws and regulations.
4. Return Authorization - Responsible for overall management and execution of all Return Authorization operation including Exchange, Returns and Credit.
Required Skills :
- Good communication skills both written and verbal with multiple departments and all levels of management.
- Excellent judgment/decision making, conflict resolution, directing, and motivating staff skills.
- Ability to work independently and use sound judgment in decision making.
- Knowledge of computer-based warehouse management systems a plus.
- Strong financial understanding (P&L, Balance Sheet)
- Ability to use ERP systems (SAP preferred) and manage the excel analysis
- Ability to speak, read and write English