Job Title: Manager, Record-to-Report (General Accounting)
Division: Finance – Record-to-Report Team
Report Into: VP Controller, Asia Pacific
Direct Reports: 4 Staff: Reporting, Tax, Fixed Assets, Intercompany Accounting
Mission: Provide strong leadership to the Record-to-Report (General Accounting) team.
COMP: 9M - 12M (Depends on Skills and Experiences)
- Maintain morale and encourage collaboration among members.
- Motivate and energize team members to perform at their best.
- Develop capabilities and talents of team members
- Go-to person to research and respond US GAAP, J-GAAP, J-Tax and Company Policy over accounting and compliance matters.
- Go-to person for Regional and Global queries about Japan accounting, tax and reporting matters.
- Expert in the company’s financial reporting systems, chart of accounts and reporting structure.
The RTR Manager provides tactical direction, executes against annual goals and provides day-to-day leadership over the following areas:
- Timely and accurate financial close and reporting deliverables: GL Close, account reconciliations, corporate submission in HFM, and Financial Reporting package.
- Timely, accurate and compliant statutory/tax filings
- Proper accounting treatment for new transactions.
- Periodic analysis of ongoing accounting treatment: asset impairment, useful life, ARO, sales reserves, inventory reserves and other areas in which business change may affect accounting treatment.
- Manage lease accounting under ASC 842
- Cash flow forecasting and cash management..
Specification – Experience / Skill:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting/finance
- 7 to 10 years of experience in a commercial firm required, audit firm experience a plus.
- Solid knowledge of US GAAP, J-GAAP, Tax
- CPA or advanced degree preferred
- Business level fluency in English language
- Proficiency in Excel and Access and aptitude for working with financial systems (Microsoft AX, Hyperion Essbase, HFM)
- Takes a positive approach to developing, motivating and empowering team members.
- Asks questions and challenges the status-quo in a positive manner
- Flexibility and willingness to take on new projects and to readjust as conditions change.
- Prioritizes and manages time effectively in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Understand the big picture but master the details