What You'll Be:
- A strategic partner to the Operations team to support the growth of the Japan dark grocery business, translating global vision into a locally inspiring strategy and plan.
- Accountable for driving operational results and key business metrics including order execution, on-shelf rate, and wastage rate.
- Leader on a new and globally supported pilot from day one. As we scale, you will be the subject matter expert on your functional area, and the go-to resource for best practices within the team.
- Flexible and high-energy day-to-day. The team will work on previously uncharted tasks, and you will need to be agile and adaptable to unfamiliar situations. No task is beneath you, but you do not hesitate to challenge existing processes.
- A strategic advocate for the long-term vision. You will be a key member of a lean team and will need to advocate amongst cross-functional stakeholders for support and resourcing in order to achieve ambitious targets.
What You'll Do:
- Procurement: Build and execute purchase orders from suppliers and set up accounts for new facilities. This will involve relationship management with suppliers and vendors as well as liaising with sales and operations teams to continuously improve sales opportunities.
- Demand planning: Contribute to demand management and efficiencies by maintaining metrics including but not limited to on-shelf rates, wastage, and out-of-item defects. In the medium to long term, contribute to building out supply and demand internal tooling.
- Supply Chain Optimization: Perform root-cause analysis to improve key metrics, including supplier performance, forecasting errors, and operational inefficiencies, and advocate for best practices within the organization. Within the supply chain, initiate cost-effective and sustainable workflows to hit key performance indicators.
- Collaboration: Work with the global new verticals team in New York, operations, sales, business development, product, and community operations teams to achieve business objectives and define the future business strategy.
---- Basic Qualifications ----
- A proven track record: At least 3+ years of experience in supply chain operations or logistics.
- Previous experience in grocery and FMCG retailers, especially experience with fresh items, is a huge plus.
- A self-starter who thrives in ambiguity: Launching a new business model isn't easy, and there isn't an existing plan for you to follow. You'll have the support of your manager and cross-functional partners, but you'll need to be the one driving this forward autonomously.
- Partner management: You'll need to engage and acquire agreement from partners within and outside the organization.
- Native/Fluent Japanese language ability
- Proficiency in Excel/Google Sheets.
- Business level English
- Proficiency in SQL