Position Overview The right candidate will manage and lead the logistics & operative functions, which includes directing and leading the activities of the Planning, Distribution, Warehouse, Purchasing, Production , reverse logistics and Value Added Logistics, to ensure that company goals and objectives are met. Give strategic & tactical direction in these areas and identify areas for cost reductions and implement strategies for such. Work closely with sales & marketing to link forecasts to purchasing and inventory management.
This role is a key member in the local Leadership team.
Primary Duties: Logistics & Operations leadership for aggressively driving the growth and profitability:
• Manage the execution of strategic logistics initiatives designed to reduce lead-time, lower on-hand inventory requirements, minimize costs and provide agile and responsive distribution.
• Manage the whole operations: refilling, retesting, distribution, reverse logistics, inventory, safety & quality.
• Develop and maintain a set of indicators/KPI's for logistics planning and forecasting & for other operative, logistics & cost-effectiveness issues. Design and integrate performance metrics and continuous improvement strategies to attain 'best-in-class logistics & operative network performance.
• Create timely, accurate, and effective management, forecasting, and communication tools and information with the Logistics department and across the Group and company to help manage the business. Analyze the data to establish trends and cover possible areas for logistics & operative improvements.
• Establish and deliver financial goals, budgets, and operating plans for logistics & operations.
• Collaborate in evaluating and negotiating logistics & operations service provider contracts and agreements. Drive solutions that leverage the company's volumes, systems, and partnerships while providing consistently high levels of service in a cost-effective manner.
• Manage and lead all Japanese Customs issues.
• Control, in cooperation with Sales and Finance, the unique cylinder movement system.
• Provide leadership in mentoring and developing team members that emphasize the importance of teamwork, collaboration, and sharing of information, resources, and best practices that will maintain a high-performing, customer-focused logistic/operation team.
• Build strong relationships with internal and external business partners and actively support cross-functional initiatives to drive improved overall business performance.
• Work with Global logistics team members to execute global projects and share among Group members as well as leading task forces upon need and interact with production and project managers from Group.
• More than 5 years of experience in similar roles in Manufacturing industries.
• Fluent in English
• Degree in BA, MA will be an advantage.
• Full of energy, quick to learn, dynamic
• Ability to multitask and to work to tight deadlines
• Good attention to detail, creative and optimistic
• Thrive under pressure
• Excellent time management skills
• Strong people management and effective motivator
• Highly motivated and committed
• Good understanding of the business as well as financial issues
• Strong IT literacy is an advantage
• Team player, strong initiative and follow-through, highly focused and keen to add value