• Management of Airfreight Operations within the company’s offices
• Ensure that the entire Operations Department performs their duties in accordance with the SOP and KPI’s set.
• Maintain regular communication/alignment with the Regional Airfre!ght Product Team.
• Ensure implementation of Regional Policies and conduct awareness briefings.
• Conduct regular meetings with the Operations Department to keep the team abreast of any marketupdate/development, discuss Operational issues, Data Quality related reports, and etc.
• Generate Job and Volume reports to monitor Cost, Sale, Gross Profit and Job-related KPI’s, assess VolumeDevelopment, Departmental Resource, Subcontractors and develop new ideas to maximize Operations andProfitability.
• Ensure regular meetings with the Airlines/Master Ioaders/Subcontractors for Tariff Maintenance, NewContracts, Service Performance review, etc.
• Ensure regular case study and rooted-cause analysis is conducted for preventive actions.
• Ensure Qualified Staff for the Operations Department as per defined responsibilities.
• Lead the team members and support their continuous development and growth within the company.Cooperation and teamwork to be ensured at all times.
• Communicate goals and directions and motivate team members regularly.
• Ensure that commitments to customers are maintained while strategic planning for the company’s growth is drivenfor.
• Participate in joint sales calls in terms of acquiring new customers as well as performance meetings.
• Manage unresolved complex issues escalated by the operations supervisor
• Supervisory support function in the absence of the operations supervisor.
Knowledge, skills and attributes
• Extensive knowledge of local and international freight services and customs policies.
• High Level of Pricing and Procurement skills and negotiation power.
• Problem-solving skills.
• Familiar with industry standard programs and able to operate standard systems relevant to the position.
• Experience in Sales related position is advantageous
• High level of data analysis skills.
• Professional working attitude.
• Highly motivated to learn new processes, receive feedback and work independently.
• Highly trainable and approachable.
• (Local Requirement) Minimum Master’s degree in Logistics/ Transport Management/ Supply Chain or equivalent.
• Preferably, 5 years of experience in a Managerial Position in similar field.