Join a global company and take an a challenging regional role as a Payroll Specialist. This position is located in Shizuoka but full benefits will be provided to support relocation and living costs.
This position has an active role in Payroll, Benefit and Mobility. The primary role of this position is the administration of payroll, benefits and mobility management. These tasks will be part of a team effort to coordinate accurate employee’s information within Japan.
• Administer payroll and local benefits for Japan
• Management of payroll/benefits vendors and insurance brokers to ensure consistent quality, delivery, compliance with SLA and cost effectiveness
• Ensure compliance with local legal requirements, statutory/financial reporting and company policies/governance
• Liaise with Global Mobility and external partners on the execution of expatriate payroll and taxation
• Supports the mobile employees with the settling in arrangement such as coordination on immigration, housing, transport and schooling
• Participate in internal & external audits
• Participates in government / statutory surveys when applicable.
• Manage local external providers and approve related invoices where appropriate for the role.
• Provide Tier- 2 resolution to employees’ queries received via HR Direct
• Receive and handle material maintenance requests and questions in the ticket handling system
• Performs other duties and responsibilities as necessary
• Relevant experience in local payroll and benefits administration in Japan for an international company
• Experience in managing Blue collars/factory payroll is a plus
• Demonstrated knowledge in Success Factor and SAP system will be highly desirable
• Demonstrated knowledge in Time and Attendance in factory will be highly desirable
• Working knowledge of expatriate payroll is a plus
• Strong knowledge of local employment legislation
• Deadline focused with strong attention to detail and accuracy
• Ability to work independently and effectively prioritized and handle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously
• Strong communication skills with ability to communicate standards to other staff members and internal customers.
• Desire to develop, acquire further knowledge and to understand the business
• Accomplished user of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel (VLOOKUP, Pivot tables, formulas, etc.)