A unique role at a well-known American retail company here in Tokyo.
The Payroll Specialist will not only runn the local payroll operations but also support the HRBP and Head of HR by providing them with analysis of data and figures as well as reports related to payroll, compensation and benefits, market information, etc.
- Salary payroll operation (creation and submission of monthly payroll data to the vendor adhering to the payroll payment deadline, producing data of movement to compare with last monthly data to Head of HR and Regional Finance for checking)
- Social Insurance Procedures
- Prepare monthly Payroll Journal report for the Finance department
- Support HRBP with on-boarding and off-boarding processes
- Give data to HRBP to prepare any government required surveys, etc.
- Managing Defined Contribution Pension Scheme for employees
- Creating official documents for employees’ personal requirement related the social insurance (ex: Pre/post maternity leave)
- Calculation of severance package
- Notification of agreement regarding overtime work and holiday work at stores (36 Agreement Notification)
- Conducting/Executing the End of the year Tax adjustment
- Any other operational support regarding payroll, compensation/benefit and social insurance services
- 4-6 years of experience in processing overall payroll process
- Working knowledge of HR practices
- Ability to deal sensitively with confidential material and information
- High level of PC skills including proficiency in Excel
- Strong work ethics and team player
- Strong interpersonal communication skills (full proficiency in Japanese, reading/writing in English)
- Updated knowledge of social insurance and labor laws/issues