Our client, who is looking for a Product Marketing Manager, is a European consumer goods company that prides itself in working with passionate people and improving consumer's lives around the world.
• Over 5 years experiences in product / brand management, ideally in an international B2C company.
• Data gathering and analysis skills with the objective to act, review and further develop the business and activities.
• Positive and logical thinker
• Characteristics should be:
1) Real marketer,
2) Native Japanese + business English level
3) Ability to think and act analytically
4) Ability to think creatively, out of the box, be inspired by also qualitative information like fashion and lifestyle trends
5) Entrepreneurial spirit to take calculated risks
6) Team player
7) Communicative skills / Persuasiveness to « sell » the marketing actions plans to commercial teams and external representatives
In charge of product development, marketing strategy planning and execution of the responsible category, working with the Marketing Manager.
• Lead all of marketing activities and programs under the supervision of the Marketing Manager. Contribute to further build the company's position in the market.
• Develop an Annual Market activation Plan and Budget (= Annual Marketing Plan) that includes sales objectives (value and volume), consolidated and operating margin objectives, ATL/BTL activity, distribution strategy, competitive information, etc. in line with company vision and strategy
• Implement the approved marketing programs (including new product launch, advertising campaign, various sales promotion activities, etc.) and maximize these effectiveness and potential.
• Work closely with the strategic Business Unit in Europe, and support them to understand the Japanese consumer and the market specific needs.
• Closely monitor the competitive activities and quickly take an action working with relative functions.
• Analyse and grasp the current business situation (sales performance, competitive actions, etc.), and take necessary actions with timely manner.
• Periodically provide reports on sales performance, margin development, expenses etc. and key activities in the Letter of Month (LOM) to managements and relative functions
• Control the marketing expenses within the approved budget
• Be responsible for product training, especially for the call center staff, sales representatives and field merchandisers
• Work closely with the Call Center and After Sales to minimize quality issues and negative impacts from eventual quality issues.
• University degree in Business Administration, Marketing or equivalent training / experience. MBA preferable, not mandatory.
• Presentation skills in English and Japanese
• Ability to develop annual activity plan in English and Japanese
• Ability to develop status update report in English and Japanese
• Ability to negotiate with trade customers and suppliers in Japanese