The world's largest contract logistics specialist is seeking a Project Manager (Operation Excellence).
Responsible for assembling a project team, assigning individual responsibilities and identifying appropriate resources needed.
Using the DePict (Define, Plan, Implement, Control, Transition) Methodology, the Project Manager will plan and coordinate all activities across multiple operational and functional groups for projects undertaken by the business.
Ensure the project delivers the objectives as outlined in the Project Charter.
Prepare the project plans, identify and resolve issues that occur, control scope, communicate project progress to all interested stakeholders and establish working relationships with all internal and external customers. Identify and mitigate risks to the project success.
Translate project requirements into project objectives and tasks and lead the overall project control, status
Utilize suggested project management process and methodologies
Identify risks to the success of the project
Contribute to managing the budget and reporting progress of the project on an ongoing basis
Implement and manage the communications plan
- Use the DePict Methodology. Using MS Project ,prepare a project plan. Hold weekly regular project update meetings.
- Identify and control the issues on the project for a satisfactory outcome. Use the DePict Issues Log.
- Communicate the progress of the project to all stakeholders(internal and external)
- Identify and control the risks of the project. Prepare and manage risk mitigation plans when necessary.
- Manage the budget of the project. Resolve all spending issues.
- Manage the scope of the project. Document scope changes and gain approval by required parties.
- Motivate the project team to accomplish the tasks as outlined and manage change.
- Escalate issues that cannot be resolved within the team structure.
- Function as a subject matter expert in area where the PM has expertise(ie: automation, specific IT systems, inventory control, etc.)
- Document the project and archive all relevant documents once the project closes.
- Manage the resources of the project.
- Managing internal and external stakeholders for successful delivery of the project
- No subordinate
Skills / Qualifications:
Project delivers agreed to objectives as outlined on the project charter.
Project is delivered on time as outlined on the project plan, including agreed to changes.
Project is delivered on budget, including scope changes.
Effective working relationships can be determined.
Obtains Accreditation where required. Technical competencies can be demonstrated.
Project risks are managed to product desired results.
DePict Methodology is consistently applied.
Competency in Business English
Proficiency in MS Project or other accepted software.
Communication skills are adequate to manage the project.
Japanese / English Fluent level
- Min 5years of PM role
About our company:
As the world’s largest contract logistics specialist, we create competitive advantage for customers through customized logistics solutions based on globally standardized warehousing, transportation and integrated services components. We bring sector expertise, global scale and local knowledge to design and manage supply chains from raw materials and manufacturing to finished goods delivery and return services.
The company prides itself on the quality of its services in what is a very exacting
domestic market. We go the extra mile for our customers to ensure we meet their expectations with
a focus on Right First Time.
The company has been supporting customer growth through total optimization and solutions which address logistic needs of customers.