An important member of the Asia Pacific business development team, Sales Director, Biopharma-Eastern Japan plays a central role in planning and carrying out sales activities to ensure successful establishment and rollout of the companies service offerings in the assigned region.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES (include but are not limited to)
- Fast and self-driven learner. Able to hit the ground running, quickly grasping the business model, core competencies, competitive landscape, and market needs.
- Motivated marketer and promoter. Able to succinctly convey the companies unique value and differentiations to positively guide customer behaviors.
- Result-driven sales executive with performance measured by market share growth and new customers won.
- Top-notch market analyzer. Able to pierce through complex smokescreens and to zero in on deciding factors in each potential customer’s decision-making process.
- Committed team player. Effectively coordinating with internal functions including Customer Service, Operations, Accounting, and outside vendors/partners to create proposals and follow up on order fulfillment.
- Efficient in execution. Ability to take a lead from initial evaluation all the way through order fulfillment. Achieve high levels of customer satisfaction and full revenue booking at the same time.
- Can-do attitude. Motivated to grow with the company by performing and delivering solid results, without being passive or pessimistic.
- Refined diplomat and alliance builder. Capable of negotiating through and overcoming resistances to build win-win alliances with strategic channel partners to grow on each other’s success.
- Strategic planner. Able to formulate and execute commercial plans including proper budgeting, forecasting, and contingency planning.
- Five-star persona. Always firm, strong, respectful, and candid.
- Leadership. Willing to spend time coaching and training junior members on the team.
- Internationally open-minded. Happy to collaborate with people with different cultural, religious, and ethnical backgrounds.
- Expect no more than 50% of the time on overnight business trips, as most client meetings will be either in Tokyo metro area or within commuting distances to Tokyo.
- Flexible on work schedule. A small number of meetings may take place during afterhours in Japan as internal and external teams will need to collaborate across geographies and time zones.
COMPETENCIES & PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
- Minimum ten years of external sales experience selling into pharmaceutical or healthcare communities, preferably for logistics, medical devices/instrumentation, analytical support, or other service sectors, and working with time-sensitive and condition-sensitive products/services.
- Japanese native speaker a must. Fluent in written and spoken English. Capable of fully participating in meetings, conference calls, and email exchanges using English if needed.
- Meticulous and quantitative in thinking and working. Excellent with details and follow-ups.
- Resilient in working with deadlines, and customized requirements.
- Passion for, and alignment with, the company mission
- A change agent and strong collaborator who is not afraid of challenging the status quo
- An individual who brings strong core values, quality, ethics, and integrity
- A collaborative team player who embraces and champions the culture
- Strong work ethic and ability to deliver results and meet commitments in a dynamic environment
- Exceptional and dynamic communications skills with the ability to inspire and influence people at all levels, build consensus and commitment, and effectively drive change throughout the organization at a rate that fits the corporate culture
- Exceptional organizational and planning skills, strong analytical abilities, and process orientation
- Demonstrates a business process orientation to developing solutions
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- College education in science, technology, health care or business fields.