- Proactively support multiple business stakeholders (primary Merchandising and Manufacturing. But Sourcing, Store Operations etc. if necessary) so that they can clearly understand Risks and Opportunities to improve Fresh category’s profitability from End to End perspective (from Raw Material Sourcing to Store Assortment. Sales, GP and Operating margin of each fresh category)
- Develop annual operating plan at necessary level of detail
- Forecast the profitability of the business correctly reflects the trend and state of business
- Build trustworthy, constructive relationship with multiple stakeholders.
- Conduct variance analysis (Actual vs Budget, vs Latest Forecast and vs Last Year’s Actual) of financials and dive deep to identify root cause of issues to beat budget
- Support routinization of End to End analysis scheme for each fresh department with SKUs/stores/source perspective to conduct “Make or Buy” analysis on regular basis
- For owned manufacturing facility, observe physical flow, evaluate its effectiveness from audit viewpoint and provide necessary support to visualize Mfg. cost reduction opportunity (e.g. Material, Labor, Overhead) and productivity improve at each production site/production line/process level.
- Own standard cost process (accountable for transactional process and costing outcome, variance analysis with Actual and Budget) and conduct gross margin analysis by SKUs and Categories
- Facilitate standardization of Reporting and analysis structure/template for each fresh dept and simplify overall reporting and analysis process and contents.
- Support potential cross functional project for Fresh (e.g. system implementation, economics of owned Mfg. facility development, strategic alliance with supplier)
- 3-7 years of accounting/finance
- BA/BS degree in Management Accounting or Finance MBA a plus
- Excellent analysis skills
- Ability to collaborate with a multi-department team
- Experience manipulating large databases and excel spreadsheets