A global leader in the healthcare sector is searching for a Senior Financial Analyst to join the finance team of its medical devices division. This analyst will be a core business partner for one or more of the division's franchises.
This company has product lines in several different industries (consumer goods, pharma, etc.) and can provide many different career paths with competitive salaries. Fast-track promotion and regional mobility are possible for high performers.
- Provide financial analysis and support for various franchise initiatives.
- Lead business planning process within the responsible franchise (annual business plan, forecasts/updates, strategic planning etc.) working with other team members within finance team.
- Period closing activities of the responsible franchise (co-work with accounting department), including variance analysis and management report preparation and explanations.
- Timely and effective analysis, to drive business, make recovery plans, control and allocate investments and expenses, all with the objective to achieve business targets of the responsible franchise.
- Timely and proactive feedback on financial implications of events to key stakeholders.
- Support and challenge the responsible franchise head and other franchise leadership team members, as a core business partner.
- Proactively make recommendations and take actions to achieve business plan.
- Support the construction of the franchise strategy, translate it into business planning with franchise Leadership team.
- Support strong compliance awareness, within the franchise.
- Educate and coach franchise members, to achieve business growth.
- 5-10 years of accounting/controlling experience, preferably in a role with international contacts.
- University Degree (Must). (Preferable: completed higher Accounting or Business Economics related education, at Master level / J-CPA / US-CPA / CMA or equivalent).
- Fluent in Japanese and English.
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to influence personnel across functions and levels.
- Experience in a role as business partner, with the ability to understand complex business dynamics.
- Knowledge of the medical industry (instruments/devices) would be a great asset, a sound interest is a must.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Well-developed Strong IT (user and management) skills and ability to innovate and drive continuous improvement.